In the mornings both Crowder Blvd. and Hayne Blvd. are used for drop-offs. The Hayne Blvd. entrance will open for 7:00 A.M., and the Crowder Blvd. gate will open at 8:00 A.M. and close at 8:23 A.M.
Parents living to the east of the school must approach from Hayne Blvd. – not Crowder Blvd. If you live west of the school, please use the Crowder Blvd. drop-off area. DO NOT MAKE A U-TURN FROM CROWDER INTO THE FRONT ENTRANCE GATE BETWEEN 7:30 A.M. – 9:00 A.M AND 2:00 P.M. – 3:15 P.M.
All students must be in class no later than 8:25 A.M. All students arriving after this time must be signed in with the office by their parent. FOUR TARDIES PER QUARTER WILL RESULT IN A DETENTION.
NEW ATTENDANCE RULE: AS PER LOUISIANA STATE POLICY, ONLY 10 ABSENCES ARE ALLOWED PER SCHOOL YEAR. Parents must write a note upon the student’s return to school after an absence. An absence of 3 days or more requires a note from the doctor.
If your child is in Grade 3 or below, the form below or a facsimile must be completed in duplicate. Mail one copy to the school, and please see to it that your child wears the other on his or her person through September 15. No one will be accepted without this information on his or her clothing. In order for your child to be directed to the proper room in the morning and ushered to the correct P.M. area in the afternoon, it is of paramount importance that you adhere to the aforementioned. All pupils must have their parents check the form below relative to dismissal time and mail a copy to the school.
The dismissal time for the oldest child you are picking up or carpooling with should be used.
Pre-Kindergarten and Kindergarten
1st and 2nd Grade
3rd and 4th Grade
5th and 6th Grade
7th and 8th Grade
Please also follow these guidelines:
• Place student placard in your front windshield with the names and grades of each child riding in your carpool.
• Do not walk your child(ren) into or out the gates of the school. Drive through the car line as designated.
• If you arrive prior to your child’s designated dismissal time, you must not stop in the driveway or schoolyard. You may park in a parking spot and check your child out through the office or circle the block until the appropriate time.
• Absolutely under no circumstances should you get out of the car with the engine still running.
• Please be courteous, patient, and safe.
***Should any emergency arise (hurricanes, extremely bad weather, etc.) please tune to the radio stations WWL-870 AM, WWL-105.3 FM and WTIX-690 or the Lake Castle Website, www.lakecastleneworleans.com, for any announcements.